Why Is Duct Cleaning Important?
As your HVAC system ages, pollutants such as dirt and dust build up in your air ducts and could affect how your unit functions. Not only can this cause the system to work harder to keep the building at a comfortable temperature, which results in rising utility costs, but it can also lead to diminished air quality. When dirt, dust, and moisture are left in your air ducts, they create an environment that is conducive to mold and mildew growth, and because air ducts distribute hot and cold air throughout your business building, they could introduce these contaminants into the air your employees are breathing. When you have poor air quality inside a building, it often leads to health problems. These issues can often be avoided by keeping up with routine duct cleaning.
How Often Does Your Business Need Duct Cleaning?
You may be tempted to put off cleaning your air ducts until you start to notice problems with how your HVAC system runs or the quality of the air inside your company building. However, because dirty air ducts can affect the way your unit runs, failing to clean them regularly can lead you to need extensive repairs. It is best to have your ducts cleaned regularly to keep your system operating at its best. We recommend that you have your air ducts cleaned every three to five years. This timeline varies depending upon how often you run your system. If you run it daily, you need to have your ducts cleaned more frequently.
There are a few things you can look for to see if it is time to have your air ducts cleaned. If you notice any of the following signs, it may be time to have your ducts looked at, even if it hasn’t been a full three years since they were last cleaned.
- Your utility bill is rising with no explanation.
- You notice your air ducts are infested with insects or rodents.
- You think mold is growing inside your air ducts.
- Your building has recently been renovated.
- You notice dust collecting throughout the building.
How Do We Approach Duct Cleaning?
Duct cleaning can be an extensive and tedious process, so you should always leave it to professionals such as Pioneer Comfort Systems technicians. We want to make sure each job is completed thoroughly, so you can expect us to perform the following steps when we arrive to clean the air ducts in your business building.
- Examine the ductwork: We’ll first analyze the condition of your ductwork to make sure we understand the extent of cleaning it needs. If your air ducts have been maintained regularly, there will probably be less to remove than in ducts cleaned for the first time in many years. We may have to cut small holes in the ducts to get a complete understanding of the state of your ducts.
- Remove contaminants: We use top-of-the-line equipment such as high-powered vacuums to remove debris and dust from the ducts.
- Scrub with brushes: We use finely bristled brushes to remove stubborn dirt and dust particles before vacuuming again.
- Patch ductwork: We want to leave your ducts in better condition than we found them, so we will patch up any small holes we made. During this step, we will also double-check duct seams to make sure everything is operating effectively.
- Test the system: Before we leave, we’ll test the entire unit to ensure your air ducts are working correctly.
At Pioneer Comfort Systems, we are committed to providing top-notch customer service to commercial and residential clients. Our technicians are all highly qualified to install, repair, and maintain all HVAC unit brands. We only use top-of-the-line equipment to ensure each job is performed thoroughly and efficiently. By producing many of the materials we use in-house, we keep costs low, so you feel good about spending your hard-earned money on HVAC equipment that is both durable and affordable.
Keeping your air ducts clean is an essential part of HVAC maintenance. If you are looking for commercial duct cleaners you can trust to keep your unit operating at its best, call the experts at Pioneer Comfort Systems. Our shop is located on the East Bert Kouns Industrial Loop near the intersection of Highway 3132 and Interstate 171, so we are in the perfect place to help residents of Shreveport and the surrounding areas with all of their HVAC needs. We are happy to provide you with superior commercial air duct cleaning, so contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Featured Image: Kobzev Dmitry/Shutterstock